Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which O2 Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which O2 Sensor

OK, so my O2 sensor on my passenger side is going crazy and I want to replace it. I have Long tubes and I remember hearing something about getting corvette sensors or something like that because the wire is longer? Is that true? I have a 2000 trans am and I need to replace them tomorrow so I can be ready for the track on friday so if someone could tell me what year or what to get that would be great.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmata
OK, so my O2 sensor on my passenger side is going crazy and I want to replace it. I have Long tubes and I remember hearing something about getting corvette sensors or something like that because the wire is longer? Is that true? I have a 2000 trans am and I need to replace them tomorrow so I can be ready for the track on friday so if someone could tell me what year or what to get that would be great.
Yeah, get the Corvette o2 sensors. They have better heating elements than the F-Body o2 sensors, and the Corvette sensors also have longer wires so you don't need extensions. You can find them at Auto Zone, etc. and the part # is 13111.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

That's what I though. I just needed some reassurance. Thanks