Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BOV's for autos???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BOV's for autos???

I dont really know too much when it comes to FI so I was curious if there are bov's on automatics? If not can you have one put on? Enlighten me please.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm putting one on mine. For low boost it's not necessary. I plan to run my car on a road course, and didn't want to take a chance on stalling the turbo while getting on and off the gas for the corners... Should reduce lag when I get back on the throttle again.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Not really needed for low boost as mentioned above. But for road racing like John is doing, yes...indeed.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
I dont really know too much when it comes to FI so I was curious if there are bov's on automatics? If not can you have one put on? Enlighten me please.
Yes. For some reason people dont think they are needed on auto's. I can see why becasue you never lift off the throttle during a run, but after the run you do as well as driving around town. When that happens all that pressure gets slammed against the compressor. I would run one on any turbo setup no matter the boost, but some will only run it on higher boost applications. I look at it this way, I just bought a turbo, probably not cheap, why not spend 200.00 or less to help it live longer?
Old 01-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

I run one on mine and i didnt think it would ever blow off but it does constantly and I am glad i put one on after I did bc all that pressure would be slamming back against the compressor. I did some reading on this and found you should always run one to help preserve your turbo's life.