Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot rockers

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Patriot rockers

I have been searching for information on these rockers but am not finding much except for when they were initially introduced. Does anyone have any information and feedback on them that is using them? How much did you have to modify to get them in?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, no reponses. Isn't anyone running these rockers?
(Search doesn't work )
Old 01-14-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you talking about the blue shaft mount rockers?

If so I believe they are made by DRE and are very similair to the Red Comp Cams shaft mount Rockers they were using a while back. I had them on my 385 a while back and had them all set up to go (these were the comps) until I found out they were actually 1.8 ratio mislabeled as a 1.7. I needed 1.7s. Good thing I checked actual lift at the valve. I was getting about .780 lift on a .730 lift cam. I called Comp and they said they no longer carried the DRE made rockers and now use T&D. So I sent the DRE's back and got the T&D's under warranty. I do think the DRE (Patriot) would have worked ok. However...the T&D's were a clear step above in design and stregth and quality. They are currrently twice as much as the DRE's though. I guess you get what you pay for.

If I were building a mild setup for .675 or less I wouldnt have a problem using the DRE. They are fully adjustable and shaftmount. They should work ok. I didnt notice any obvious valetrain geometry issues. But the car was never started with them in place...so I dont have hard info to give you. Just opinion. I do however KNOW the T&D's do work.

WHat would you be using them on?
Old 01-14-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the blue patriots on a 402 I am finishing now. That is interesting about the 1.8 ratio. I just checked my lift at the valve yesterday and found it to be .670 and it should only be .612. So I multiplied the lobe lift times 1.8 and that is what I have. needless to say I checked the ptv clearance. I am still ok...only because the pistons are aftermarket with valve reliefs. The rockers are ok. I shimmed mine .040 and used a 7.1 pushrod. I don't like the angle the pushrod makes into the rocker cup at zero lift. The pushrod holes had to be opened up quite a bit. They seem to be made decently though. I will find out soon.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They are not manufactured by DRE.