Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is ATL Dragway that bad??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is ATL Dragway that bad??

I have heard from just about everyone that ATLdragway doesn't produce good track times compared to other tracks. Not just because of the altitude that it is located at, but also poor track prep and some other reasons.

I am planning on heading to SDR the end of the month with several people and need some info on the track prior to my visit.

Anyone got any tracks times at ATLdragway and SDR with the same mods? I am really interested in comparing the two track times.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big tire on a properly set up suspension will do ok at ADW given the lack of prep.

During TnT sessions, they'll hold us slick tire'd cars in the lanes to allow the import/radial tire'd cars to make their passes who basically destroy any prep previously put down. The launch pad gets chunked up bad by the radial cars and their prostock burnouts..... nevermind the idiots who are allowed to drive THROUGH the water box dragging water/garbage to the launch pad and through the 30'-60' mark.

A real top notch effort by ADW staff

Only time I've EVER hooked there was during or directly after a points race.

SDR knows what a clean launch pad/VHT can do for repeat bussiness..... you listening Atlanta Dragway? ..... didn't think so. Who needs to spend $$$ on competent emergency service/track prep and people skills for the serious racers when you've got 200 imports paying their $20.00 a pop at the gate?

With that said, I'm consistently 0.04/6 mph off at Commerce vs. SDR on a 28" slick and decent suspension....

Last time out at SDR, I cracked an aftermarket TA and ripped a DS in half. Car was hookin'.... wonder why

Your results may differ-
Old 01-15-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATL works for cars on their Saturday events from what I hear. I have never liked ATL on a Friday night.

We usually to the 4 hours to SDR to run or the 3 to Carolina Dragway if we want to have fun and not get pissed. ATL is 1.5hrs from home so we make an effort to go elsewhere.

Plus they let all the imports thru and always question the faster cars in tech. I agree with tech being done on all cars but that seems to be the place where the keep the car counts down, thru tech cards. OH Well, I have been pissed off enough at ATL and will not plan on taking my car there again....
Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

With similiar weather I've seen as much as a .3 difference between ADW and SDR. Same setup and consistent 60's too.

Jeffrey