Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cats?

ok, i'm planing on putting td's on this summer but i'm not sure about putting cats on either. i live in connecticut and think they're a must. but i'm not sure. but if i do end up gettting new headers and an x-pipe, could i just use the stock cats or have to get new ones?
any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 01-15-2006, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

im from ct too. youll wish you didnt run cats. its alot louder and all you have to do is weld the heat shields on the pipe or run the pipe through the cat.

the get a tune and you should be all set. my setup is in my sig and i love it. where in CT are you?
Old 01-15-2006, 04:47 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need new cats if you want to run them. Check out the magnaflow cats on ebay, they are cheap, flow great, and have alot of sizes. My dumped duals with bullets have gotten really old, so now i have a set of 3" magnaflow cats in my living room along wtih some tips for running them out the back.

Do more research and make sure you get what will make you happy.

I agree that 3" dumped duals w/ an x-pipe and no cats are one of the best sounding systems that you can get, they just get annoyingly loud after a while.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

z28convert have you had any legal issues with that setup?
i'm from east hartford by the way.