Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

pcv/catch can question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv/catch can question

I haven't been able to find any solid answers for this. I just got the new motor running, and I eliminated the pcv. I have a breather on the pass. side valve cover, and currently still have the line from the driver's side still going to the throttle body (that line splits, the other line is capped). Now, I know that I need to do something else with the line from the driver's side, but what do I do?? Can I just put a breather on the drivers side too? So, I would have 2 breathers, and I could cap off the line at the throttle body?
Old 01-17-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

You could run the line from the driver's side to the inlet of the air filter such as an elbow into the end cap of the filter. This will draw a partial vacuum on the line and help evacuate fumes and pressure from the crankcase. Cap of the TB fitting as otherwise you would be trying to pressurize the crankcase.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 AM
8 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/435975-catch-cans-turbo-set-ups.html
Old 01-17-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andereck
You could run the line from the driver's side to the inlet of the air filter such as an elbow into the end cap of the filter. This will draw a partial vacuum on the line and help evacuate fumes and pressure from the crankcase. Cap of the TB fitting as otherwise you would be trying to pressurize the crankcase.
Okay, the only problem is that I have the STS kit, and the air filter is at the back of the car. Would I have to drill a custom hole in the charge pipe to do this? I want to keep this as simple as possible, but I need to know it's gonna work.

LTLHOMER, that's a sweet setup, but I'm trying to keep things more simple. If I have to got that route, than fine...but I'd like to avoid it.