LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which Cam and Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Cam and Tune?

I've got a 97 WS6 TA with a stock LT1 and edelbrock shorty header's with a 3000 TCI Streetfighter stall and drag radials and a stock 3.23 rear end. At our track there is usually so many cars (45 minute wait mininum between runs) and so much rubber laid on the track its impossible for me to get a decent launch, 1200 rpm and I light it up like it was the fourth of July. My best runs in these conditions have been a 14.0 @ 98 mph ( pretty much every time, worse when I launch harder). I know if I went on a night when they put down traction compound, I might be able to pull a 13.4 or .5 if I could launch at at least 1800 rpm and get traction. Right now I've got way to much torque on my bottom end and not enough pull/horse on my top end. What cam would be best for this daily driven beast? I don't want to have to do any other major upgrades beside a tune, but I would be willing to replace the injectors. Also, what place has the best tunes? I am also planning on getting rid of the cats with an off-road y-pipe.