Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gm upper engine cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Gm upper engine cleaner

Has anyone used this before. I have a 98 with 60k miles on it, and i was thinking it would probably be a good idea to clean it up a little bit. Also i was wondering exactly how to use it. from what i have gathered, you sort of choke the engine with this stuff while white smoke pours out of the exhaust. any insight would be helpful, thanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive used it before. i tell you what the stuff really works. you will have to change your oil afterwards though. i know people suck it out of the can through the brake booster. suck it in and your motor will bog down. when you get toward the bottom of the can stall your motor out and let it sit for about 15-30 min. then start it back up and go beat the **** of your car to get all the carbon out. its worth the couple bucks IMO
Old 01-25-2006, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used the stuff a couple of times. It works good, however, you need to let it sit in the engine for several hours or even overnight. I have some pretty good deposits, so the detonation tends to come back. I think I need to pull the heads and clean everything out. It's got 90,000 miles on it.