Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Fast 90/90 is installed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 90/90 is installed!

Finally got her buttoned up after taking care of a few issues. For some reason my MAP sensor nipple/gasket were way too small to seal against the intake, and the positioning of the MAP port itself on the LSX intake was moved far enough to the driver's side that the MAP sensor connector wouldn't reach. But, I found that a section of vacuum hose with an ID of 1/4" and an OD of 3/8" was a perfect fit for both the port and the sensor nipple, and it also gave enough reach that I was able to hook the sensor up to the connector.

There was also an issue with the TPS voltage with the new TB, which is an MTI 90mm unit. With the blade fully closed, set screw backed out all the way, the TPS voltage wouldn't drop below .88, which in turn meant that I couldn't reset the TPS position from about 5% back down to 0%. Looking at the MTI TB, I saw that the mounting holes for the TPS were positioned differently than my stock TB, so when the TPS was installed it was angled down farther, throwing off the voltage reading. What I did was grind off the locating tab on the TPS and slot the bolt holes so that I could rotate the TPS on the TB until the voltage fell in line. I'm not sure if this is an issue with all MTI 90mm TB's, or if I just got a jiggered one.

Drove it to work today, and it seems to be doing just fine. I can't really tell how much power it picked up on top, but it does feel stronger. I'm gonna try to get it to the dyno this week for some solid numbers. The throttle response though... WOW! It's a big improvement over my ported TB/LS6 intake! It feels like I gained a good bit of power down low, like right off idle, but I'm thinking that alot of it might be that it just reacts a whole lot quicker to the throttle now. I think that alone is worth the price I paid for the setup.

I finally ripped out the rest of my PCV system too. My LS6 intake had about a quart of oil in it when I took it off. That and the intake runners in the heads had a nice thick coating of black sludge the consistency of tar. I'm sure that's real good for airflow.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silverhawk_02TA
Finally got her buttoned up after taking care of a few issues. For some reason my MAP sensor nipple/gasket were way too small to seal against the intake, and the positioning of the MAP port itself on the LSX intake was moved far enough to the driver's side that the MAP sensor connector wouldn't reach. But, I found that a section of vacuum hose with an ID of 1/4" and an OD of 3/8" was a perfect fit for both the port and the sensor nipple, and it also gave enough reach that I was able to hook the sensor up to the connector.

There was also an issue with the TPS voltage with the new TB, which is an MTI 90mm unit. With the blade fully closed, set screw backed out all the way, the TPS voltage wouldn't drop below .88, which in turn meant that I couldn't reset the TPS position from about 5% back down to 0%. Looking at the MTI TB, I saw that the mounting holes for the TPS were positioned differently than my stock TB, so when the TPS was installed it was angled down farther, throwing off the voltage reading. What I did was grind off the locating tab on the TPS and slot the bolt holes so that I could rotate the TPS on the TB until the voltage fell in line. I'm not sure if this is an issue with all MTI 90mm TB's, or if I just got a jiggered one.

Drove it to work today, and it seems to be doing just fine. I can't really tell how much power it picked up on top, but it does feel stronger. I'm gonna try to get it to the dyno this week for some solid numbers. The throttle response though... WOW! It's a big improvement over my ported TB/LS6 intake! It feels like I gained a good bit of power down low, like right off idle, but I'm thinking that alot of it might be that it just reacts a whole lot quicker to the throttle now. I think that alone is worth the price I paid for the setup.

I finally ripped out the rest of my PCV system too. My LS6 intake had about a quart of oil in it when I took it off. That and the intake runners in the heads had a nice thick coating of black sludge the consistency of tar. I'm sure that's real good for airflow.
Well I'm pretty jelous! I've been wanting the 90/90 setup for a while. Can't afford it though. Are you selling your LS6 intake? If so how much? I need to replace my LS1 intake bad.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Well I'm pretty jelous! I've been wanting the 90/90 setup for a while. Can't afford it though. Are you selling your LS6 intake? If so how much? I need to replace my LS1 intake bad.
Yup, it's up for grabs. I'd go $300 shipped for any of you cool cats up in WA. I'm still up there in spirit.

Keep your eyes on the For Sale forum here, becuase every once in a while a good deal on a Fast 90/90 pops up. I scored mine for $900 shipped.

Quick Reply: Fast 90/90 is installed!