LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

355 specs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 355 specs?

Alright, Im a little new to the LT1 world. I picked up a 96 TA 6spd, painted metallic blue with silver pearl flames. $1800, I couldnt resist I had to buy it. Well the motor was shot (broke rod) It cam with a 355, well all it has is crank, rods, pistons, main caps, & 7 rod caps thats right 7, they lost one in the process of assembly. I have a couple of questions I thought maybe ya'll could answer. First off 355? what are the specs on this? Im assuming its a stock crank, 6in rods, bored .30 is this correct? Now for the rod cap, it looks to have forged pistons, forged rods, maybe a stock crank. Where can I get 1 forged rod cap? Im going to be pulling it back apart to put all new bearings/bolts. If anyone can help me out let me know or point me to a location where I can get one.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they were competent enough to loose critical build parts I would double check EVERYTHING!

You're correct that a 355 is just 30 over with a stock stroke.

As for finding one cap, figure out what kind of rods they are and call the bigger dealers or even the manufacturer. Although sad, I doubt you're the first to encounter this problem. You should be able to order one especially if it's something like an eagle rod.

Quick Reply: 355 specs?