LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cutouts... good or bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutouts... good or bad

whats the deal on electric cutouts? do they really add power, or do they screw up the back preasure?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

if your running the slp loud mouth you dont need a cut out.

but i've personally allways ran, and dynoed higher with the cut out.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98vortecbw
whats the deal on electric cutouts? do they really add power, or do they screw up the back preasure?
Can add a torque depending on the setup & where they are installed. Eletric or unbolting it yourself, it makes no difference, electric is just convenient. Most I've seen are run somewhere near the axle, they sound really nice back there. With your cam and headwork it will not effect your backpressue and will especially shine with longtubes.

I gained 10 ft lbs of torque on GForce's dyno tune in Oct-04, this was with stock cubes, GM847, bunch of boltons and longtubes. I had dual 3" cutouts just behind the collectors, we benchmarked the hp/tq capped then dynoed uncapped (hp didn't change just the torque). Others I've seen have had similar gains on stock cubes with dual cutouts located close to the headers (not sure about further back or with single c/o, I'm sure you gain still, just not sure if as much, etc).

Quick Reply: cutouts... good or bad