Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

a question about available turbo kits out there.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a question about available turbo kits out there.

hey guys i have been looking at the hot side pipin gonly of a couple of kits today and the only thing that i cant seem to find about these kits is what has to be moved?

On the TTi kit i see that the AC has to be relocated, but what about the other things like fans/radiator etc?

On the PTK(PTS) kit what else has to be moved for them? do they require us to move fans/radiator/etc?

Please let me know.

Thanks
Louie
Old 02-07-2006, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about the TTi, but they seem to have a very solid and reliable solution. The PTS kit comes with fans and the means to move the radiator, including a replacement for the airbox up top. It comes with a new alternator and relocation brackets. The AC stays in the stock spot.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The TTi race kit removes the AC setup all together. The stock air box is also removed. So you can use the stock LT1 plastic radiator support or the BMR polished radiator support. No other changes to the radiator or fan setups are are required.

Rick
Old 02-07-2006, 10:28 PM
NKAWTG...N

With TTi, you have to be careful since their are two different kits.

Street kit - keeps AC.
Race kit- ditch AC.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the input fellas. i am weighing my options among those two hot sides kits and a truck manifold setup. The truck manifold will probobly require me to move my Alternator, remove AC, adjust the radiator, and switch to pusher fans.

The PTS kit will require me to move alternator, and switch to pusher fans and prob move the radiator a bit.

What i am looking for in the end is a kit that feel requires the least compromise and still has great power making ability.

I may still have to wait and see that Hi flo kit. i believe that damn near nothing has to be moved except for the battery and a relocation of the AC canister.

Retaining factory fans and radiator placement are important for me. moving the alternator is ok but only as long as i can get it to work well. no belt probs or anything.

if i do have to move the fans like with the PTS kit, what is involved in the process. i am assuming that i just remove the puller fans, remove the airbox assembly and then what? does the radiator mount to the airbox assembly? with it gone what holds it in place?

etc.
These are all questions that i have and i really only want to buy a hot parts kit or go with manifold setup the rest i would like to do one off.

Thanks
Louie
Old 02-07-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StoleIt
With TTi, you have to be careful since their are two different kits.

Street kit - keeps AC.
Race kit- ditch AC.

yup sorry about that guys i am looking at the Race kit. and honestly i am not too sure how much i care about the AC in the first place...but i still may want to keep it leaving thePTS hot side and possibly the Hi flo kit as well.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Joel@

Take a look our kits....They my help you out. We have a single that keeps the a/c and a twin that dosent.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default how good

Hey joel at GMR speed. I was looking at your kits because I will be making a forced induction purchase very shortly and I had a few questions. My first is both the single and twin turbos for an LS1 are front mounted right?(I dont want a turbo unless its front mounted not rear) Also Im looking for low 11's right now on what is basically a stock motor. But high 9's or low 10's in the near future. Could I accomplish this with the single turbo kit? I would like to upgrade the turbo now so later when I want to boost higher I could just change the wastgate spring instead of buying a new upgraded turbo. Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

GMR both kits look great. i especially love the twin kit for an fbod. one the single however i feel that it may be limited as far as backpressure goes. i want a kit that can without a doubt one day hit at least 700 rwhp. we have seen the TTI kit do it(MM car) and have full faith that the PTS kit can do it. manifold will most likely do it as well. i am not an expert i read and listen to what others say/have said/have shown, etc. and it seems most log manifold kits like your single is a great option for about 600 rwhp or so, but for the bigger numbers may not be teh best opstion. let me know if i am wrong though.

Louie
Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Joel@

Originally Posted by greggamaral
Hey joel at GMR speed. I was looking at your kits because I will be making a forced induction purchase very shortly and I had a few questions. My first is both the single and twin turbos for an LS1 are front mounted right?(I dont want a turbo unless its front mounted not rear) Also Im looking for low 11's right now on what is basically a stock motor. But high 9's or low 10's in the near future. Could I accomplish this with the single turbo kit? I would like to upgrade the turbo now so later when I want to boost higher I could just change the wastgate spring instead of buying a new upgraded turbo. Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated.
Yes they are both front mount setups. With our single kit you can get 11's out of it with the stock motor with no proplem. You can go up to a t-76 with the kit. If you want more then 700rwhp I would look at our twin kit.

As for hitting 700hp...the TTi street kit is also a log manifold setup. If you dont care about having a/c go twin. Our single kit is a great option for a street setup...and the twin is to kick some ***.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joel@GMRSPEED

Yes they are both front mount setups. With our single kit you can get 11's out of it with the stock motor with no proplem. You can go up to a t-76 with the kit. If you want more then 700rwhp I would look at our twin kit.

As for hitting 700hp...the TTi street kit is also a log manifold setup. If you dont care about having a/c go twin. Our single kit is a great option for a street setup...and the twin is to kick some ***.

Plus youve shown you can make over 700rwhp with your twin kit......
Old 02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

man i would love to get your twin kit....but i cant shell out 7g like that...lol

what would just the hot side run?

it seems that if i spend it slowly i never want to kick my own ***...however in one lump sum i wont be able to sleep at night.

So for what i am looking for i think that it may be the truck setup/TTI race kit/or possibly your twin kit depending.

the PTS kit seems to have some modifying needing to be doen to the crossover etc, and if i spend money for the pipes i dont want to have to touch them.

Louie
Old 02-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by half-n-half
man i would love to get your twin kit....but i cant shell out 7g like that...lol

what would just the hot side run?

it seems that if i spend it slowly i never want to kick my own ***...however in one lump sum i wont be able to sleep at night.

So for what i am looking for i think that it may be the truck setup/TTI race kit/or possibly your twin kit depending.

the PTS kit seems to have some modifying needing to be doen to the crossover etc, and if i spend money for the pipes i dont want to have to touch them.

Louie
I understand...I do the same thing...then you add it up at the end...holy ****

We are still thinking about selling just the hot parts. Not sure if we are going to or not.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

that is fair enough...it may be a couple of weeks before i make a final decision and place a deposit. let me know though cause i definately may be interested like everything in life i cant guarantee it, but i am leaving my options open...**** i may say fack it and go heads cam...lol but then i dont think i will be completely happy.

Louie

Quick Reply: a question about available turbo kits out there.