Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

ETI Chassis Cert @ PR Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 10:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ETI Chassis Cert @ PR Saturday

I'm curious if this is the NHRA cert that Don was telling me about where they look at your car at the beginning of the year & then you're good to go for the entire year. Anyone know?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dang! I better dig up my SFI cert's!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, I don't beleive you have to get anything certed. Chassis certs are for guys that need to get there cages/tube frames/etc certified. your roll bar does not to be cetified, as long as you keep it a 6 point, if you go to a ten point then yes you will need to get it certified evry three years.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sardog46
Mark, I don't beleive you have to get anything certed. Chassis certs are for guys that need to get there cages/tube frames/etc certified. your roll bar does not to be cetified, as long as you keep it a 6 point, if you go to a ten point then yes you will need to get it certified evry three years.
Good point! I thought he was talking about the yearly ETI cert. they tech your car REAL hard at the beggining of the year then you usually just walk your packet up with you tech card and they sign you off. beats waiting around for tech all the time!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never did a one time tech in. but the first time of season out they looked at the car real hard, and after some ten second passes, they started looking real hard, then after a few trips they just gave me a sticker, and said don't run any singles, or your gone

Might be a good idea just to take the car down anyway, mark and have the inspector look at the cage, to make shure it's good to go for the season, but if they passed mine, you should have absolutly no problem passing.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I'm curious if this is the NHRA cert that Don was telling me about where they look at your car at the beginning of the year & then you're good to go for the entire year. Anyone know?
This chassis cert is for cars that "REQUIRE" certification - 9.99 and faster.

You can get a ETI tech from most of the inspectors almost anytime. It really helps if you have all the serial numbers and dates for all the required safety equipment written down so that it can be transfered to their form. They will apply an ETI sticker to show that the car has been inspected. The inspection only lasts as long as the first expiration.

Quick Reply: ETI Chassis Cert @ PR Saturday