Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How do you bleed the clutch Using MityVac

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you bleed the clutch Using MityVac

Using the Mity Vac and pump how do you hook it up and go about bleeding the clutch line. PLEASE advise. For some reason i can not start this car after a cam and clutch install and i am having problems bleeding the lines. Bought a minivac but cant figure out how or where to hook theswe lines up.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming you bought the bleeding kit:

Put the cone shaped long narrow tip on the longer clear hose, attach that hose to the side of the cap that has the hose that goes down into the bottle. Attach the shorter clear hose to the other side of the cap and then to the mityvac. Put enough fluid in the bottle to cover the hose end - about 1/4 full on the bottle. Insert the cone down into the base of the clutch master reservoir, feel around a little to be sure it goes down into the neck at the base of the master.

Pump up about 18" of vacuum and watch the air bubbles start to come up. Give it a few minutes to pull the air out. When the bubbles stop, slowly release the vacuum, it will pull some of the fluid from the bottle and then stop.

Remove the cone from the master, top it off and you're done.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

I used it to bleed out my master by pluging it into the resevior and having suck the fluid into the master out of a container under the car. I pulled the input coupler off an old slave cyl and stuck a clear tube on it. Popped that on the master under the car and stuck the tube in the fluid bottle. Once I had the vacume pull the fluid up and out the resevior I pumped the pedal slowly to dislodge any air left in the master. The trick of it is to disconnect the master without letting the tune out the fluid to suck air in it. A check valve on that thing would have been perfect.

It didn't help bleeding with the slave connected. I did that the old fasioned way. It worked like a champ
Old 02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/buschm...utchbleed.html

Andy

Quick Reply: How do you bleed the clutch Using MityVac