Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header install question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header install question

OK guys gonna be starting my header install this weekend and im a little worried about the car having to be up so high to do it, whats the minimal height that i have to have the car up to i think my jack stands are like 17", if thats not enough whats the best thing to do, ive heard of people using 2x4s but that seems really dangerous, would it be worth just going out and buying some massive jck stands, hell i could just return'em the next day , what does everyone suggest?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen where people had to raise the car 15" to get them in. I'm going to borrow a set of heavy duty jack stands, I hope I don't need to put 4x4'sa in there also but I'll do what I've got to do. I will have backup support so that I am not crushed if the car falls.

Don't forget to chalk the rears!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by travSS01
OK guys gonna be starting my header install this weekend and im a little worried about the car having to be up so high to do it, whats the minimal height that i have to have the car up to i think my jack stands are like 17", if thats not enough whats the best thing to do, ive heard of people using 2x4s but that seems really dangerous, would it be worth just going out and buying some massive jck stands, hell i could just return'em the next day , what does everyone suggest?
let me know how high you have to get your car in the air. i'm doing mine whenever they get here and was wondering the same thing
Old 02-15-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get four 6 ton jackstands and lift the whole car up. This is the route I went and had no problems getting the LT's in. Just my .02
Old 02-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

cool thankx, i seen some stands at sears, ill probly just use them over the weekend, then take'em back