Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car stumbles at idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car stumbles at idle

ever since i got my ls1 i notice that the car sorta stumbles at idle... the pcm looks like it has been took out of the car before....My question is ... is the problem in the tuning??? or is it something else...im sorry if this is a dumb question...im thinking about sending the pcm to pcmforless
Old 02-16-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldn't think there are any tuning problems unless the internals have been touched.. But if they have its probabaly most likely the tuning.. It could always be plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, or anything that wouldn't give it good spark..
Did the previous owner say there was a computer tune? it all depends i guess.. good luck
Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Check and see if there's any unmetered air sneaking in between the MAF and TB. My car has a fernco fitting between the MAF and TB that has slipped off on two occasions. Each time, it caused my car to stumble at idle. It didn't trip the SES light either and it ran fine off idle. If your symptoms are similar this could be the problem. I'm no expert...just throwing ideas out. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say that your spark plugs are faulty or not gapped properly. Or maybe faulty spark plug wires.

Quick Reply: car stumbles at idle