Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

extending o2 wires help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extending o2 wires help?

I was wondering if there were any adverse effects of making the o2 sensor harness's longer. I need to add about 2 1/2 feet to a sensor infront of the cat for long tubes, if i use the same gauge wire and solder my connections should there be enough resistance change to change the signal sent to the ecu? BTW this is not for my LS1 truck, but i figured in here would be a good place to ask. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Yes you will be ok by extending the wires. When I installed pacesetter long tubes they came with a roll of wire and butt connecters. So, soldering them will be better. There is also premaid lengths with correct plastic plug adaptor to plug right in to the old sockets. I just bought some on ebay. Good luck
Old 02-17-2006, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 90nova
Yes you will be ok by extending the wires. When I installed pacesetter long tubes they came with a roll of wire and butt connecters. So, soldering them will be better. There is also premaid lengths with correct plastic plug adaptor to plug right in to the old sockets. I just bought some on ebay. Good luck
Thanks for the help, i was thinking about just cutting and splicing the factory wires. BTW this is going on my '05 colorado 4 banger, just trying to get a little better low end out of the gutless daily driver. The wheels and tires took a little bit off the factory power and towing my quad and trailor is funny to say the least. I figured making some long tubes with 30+" of primary length would help a little bit on the low end. There isn't an edit program out yet for these trucks so the gains temporarliy will be marginal.