Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow bullets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow bullets?

I tried a search but couldn't come up with much.

How loud are the 12'' Magnaflow bullets? Are they louder than any of the other bullet style mufflers people are using for true dual setups?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

Quieter
Old 02-19-2006, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

Cooool.

That's what I wanted to hear.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Outside they're more 'muffled' sounding than regular bullets - BUT - Inside the car isn't much different at all. Slightly quieter, but not much. They're only 2.5" too - that fit anyway. The 3" version looks like a bazooka - 6" round.

They'll drone like bullets too. Again - not as bad, but it's(the drone) is still there.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by King James
Quieter
Based on what??
Old 02-20-2006, 04:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Frosty
I tried a search but couldn't come up with much.

How loud are the 12'' Magnaflow bullets? Are they louder than any of the other bullet style mufflers people are using for true dual setups?

Thanks!
Where are you seeing 12" bulletts listed?

Here's Magnaflows mufller offering: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=351

The shortest is 14", unless you go race series where a 6" is offered.

The smaller the body diamter the less packing it contains so the louder it will be. The 4" diameter ones WILL be loud. The 6" diameter ones less so, but they certainly won't be anywhere near refined.

Also the longer the muffler the more time the exhaust gas spends in it, so the lower the db level and the more toned the exhaust note will be.

You'll want the 3" inlet/outlet ones BTW.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:04 AM
12 Second Club

I'm just going by what a guy told me. There is a set of true duals for sale in the the for sale section and that's what he said he had.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

dunno then, maybe they used to make a 12" variant. Best bet it to try and find out exactly what they are as there's no point spending money on something you don't want/need.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive never seen 12" either...hmmm?????learn sumthin new all the time
Old 02-20-2006, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
dunno then, maybe they used to make a 12" variant. Best bet it to try and find out exactly what they are as there's no point spending money on something you don't want/need.

I agree. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Based on what??
Based on my car having true duals with Magnaflow 4" round mufflers and a couple buddies cars with bullets. Based on hearing my LT, true dual setup being quieter then some cars with just a catback.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are you seeing 12" bulletts listed?

Here's Magnaflows mufller offering: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=351

The shortest is 14", unless you go race series where a 6" is offered.

The smaller the body diamter the less packing it contains so the louder it will be. The 4" diameter ones WILL be loud. The 6" diameter ones less so, but they certainly won't be anywhere near refined.

Also the longer the muffler the more time the exhaust gas spends in it, so the lower the db level and the more toned the exhaust note will be.

You'll want the 3" inlet/outlet ones BTW.
Hmmmmmmm...I'm not too sure how to respond to this. Seems like every exhaust thread that comes up, you are in there, and make comments like the ones above that just rub me the wrong way. Sometimes I even think that you may be talking out your ***, but that is neither here nor there.

Won't be anywhere near refined?

If you want to hear them (albeit not in person), go to LS1Sounds.com and find my 3 vids. My duals use the 2.5" in and out Magnaflow bullets, so you can decide for yourself.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by King James
Based on my car having true duals with Magnaflow 4" round mufflers and a couple buddies cars with bullets. Based on hearing my LT, true dual setup being quieter then some cars with just a catback.
Cool, I was just curious, as so many people claim things but usually have no other knowledge or experiance past what they recommend. So thanks for responding
Old 02-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hay, we all have opinions right?

All I'm doing is basing it on what knowledge I can an a direct response from Magnaflow themselfs. I'll post it up if you like.

And as for noise/sound it's often pretty personal and what is refined to one person may be outragiously (sp?) loud to another.

And anyhow how can Quoting muffler sizes from Maganflow and providing a link to their site rub you up the wrong way, do you not like facts or something????? No seriously I don't get. My post was like 95% fact with supporting links and only 5% subjective which in it's self was based off of information provided to me from Magnaflow and general knowledge of how exhausts and mufflers work.

Oh BTW I (and I guess many others) would consider refined to be "near" stock. If it's louder and more obtrusive or has any drone (which most systems do, however people often ignore or claim differently) then it is not refined, but sporty, loud, agressive, purposeful or what ever your description
Boy...now I'm sorry I missed this response.

The issue at hand isn't your opinion. Actually, I guess it is. What is at issue is that you have never heard these mufflers in person, yet are offering advice to other people on them. If you ever want me to take you seriously:

1. Spell checker...just give it some consideration. Any consideration would be nice actually.
2. Stop using the word "fact" when all you are doing is pulling random bits and pieces of information off the internet. I (and I guess many others) would consider it to be a bit more credible if you actually presented it in the original context, instead of making it fit the point you are trying to make.

Bottom line: stop giving us theoretical bullshit about things you have no experience with. Seriously.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, everybody sing along:

"I LOVE YOU... YOU LOVE ME... WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY...."