Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stumbling after LT install!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stumbling after LT install!

I had a set of Pacesetter LTs and a custom made ORY installed the other night. I added the front O2 extensions with rear deletes. I had the code for the rears erased. I fired the car up and it sounded ok, but after I drove off it sounded like a popcorn machine. It backfired like a motherfxxxxr and stumbled almost to the point of stalling. I have no idea where to start. It seems to have less power than it did when I had the stock manifolds on it. I need help...... I've fired it up a couple of times, checked all the plug wires, and I'm still lost. Any ideas???
Old 02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

i was just informed tonight but the cause of alot of crackle and backfire after a header install is a leak where the header bolts on ( air gets in on decel. and ignites in the pipes causing a backfire, check the tightness of the bolts and check the gaskets, did you use the paper ones that came iwth them or other gaskets ?
Old 02-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Launching!

could also be your 02's.sounds like the same when mine went out.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

We installed headers on Camy yesterday and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I've heard of cars getting headers installed and running perfect.. But I've also heard of LS1s getting headers and running like shis. Your best bet would be to see what the A/F ratio was, or even a dyno tune just to see where it's at, and mabie you'll be able to point out the problem. Thats what people told me to do if Camy had your symptoms.....