LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

-97 WS6 project. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -97 WS6 project. Need help!

I've got a -97 WS6 that I'm going to modify for light track use and auto-x.
But since I live in Sweden where LT1 cars are few and afar I need help from You guys.

I'm going to use it for light track use and very much on winding roads so handling is my #1 priority. Budget is about $20-25k

Since I have over 180k mi on it I feel I need a 355 rebuild to begin with. What's needed for this and where do I find good pistons? Would i benefit much from forged internals and where do I find them?
Right now I'm thinking about Ai´s Trick Flow heads and letting them port my intake manifold. For the rest of the engine side it looks like it'll be Kooks headers and ORY with the GMMG cat-back.

SSR Competition 18x9.5 Wheels with 245/40/18 GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3 front and 275/35/18 back

For brakes I'm leaning towards Stoptech parts with a 355mm rotor with ST-40 calipers and Hawk HP+ pads.

Since I suck at suspension this is where I need the most help. Only thing I know now is that I'm "thinking" about Koni shocks and some good springs.

Ok, guys I really need Your help so can get this project started. Please help me! Especially with the Engine and Suspension part.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/road-racing-35/

this part of the forum will help you with your auto-x plans, also Im sure some guys here can as well. Im a dragracer so Im no help.

Since I have over 180k mi on it I feel I need a 355 rebuild to begin with. What's needed for this and where do I find good pistons?

Your 355 plans, Im sure you will get alot of opinions on that. Since your overseas you will have to rely on compaines that will ship overseas. Im sure summitracing does, not sure about jegs.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks...

Shipping overseas will not be a problem since all parts will be sent to an american bodyshop and then I'll ship it myself. So thats no concern.