Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about LS1Edit

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 02:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about LS1Edit

I did my first PCM read today, and I see that my old superchips tuning IS in fact still in there, and the tuner box stole my OEM tune I believe.

I opened up the high octane spark table, and see the timing is a higher number in all the boxes than the stock OEM tune I downloaded from the LS1Edit library.

To change these, do I have to go in and change all these numbers in each, individual box on the whole table???!!

I know you can use the feaure that lets you do the change across the board so to speak by percentage,but I am just wondering how it works.

Also, if I try to re-install the tune that got left in my superchips tuner box, and it crashes like it did before, can I use my first PCM read to put my PCM back to operation?

I have a feeling that the box may have my original truck flash in there. The box crashed(said call superchips for help) halfway thru a download, and I had to disconnect the battery cables for a half hour, and then it started(it wouldn't start after it crashed)
I don't want to try re installing the box unless I kow that I can use that first read I have from my PCM to get it back working.
When I say first read, it was from today(so not the OEM flash file), and it will be the superchips tuning that was left in there, but it runs good N/A.
I will be installing my ATI soon, and I have to get this in working order for it.

My Main Q is about the tables #'s and can I use the first PCM read to back up the PCM in case of a failure of the box?
Thanks for any help guys. I am having a time figuring this stuff out, and I know of noone here in Anchorage that knows anythign about LS1Edit yet. Sam

BTW superchips is junk, and their tech support is the same. I am sorry I ever messed with it.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Question about LS1Edit

try reading over this for a good breifing
http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/tuning.html