LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A/F Ratio

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/F Ratio

Anyone running higher than a 14.7 (Stoich) A/F ratio? This is the ratio from the factory and is optimized for emissions and catalytic converter operation.

Since my car has no cats and I have no emissions where I live I would like to lean out the Stoich value (14.7) some more. THIS VALUE IS NOT THE SAME AS WOT VALUE which can screw up your engine running leaner than 13.5. When the engine detects WOT it adds fuel with the WOT a/f value.

I would like to know how much I can lean out the stoich value without damaging anything in order to better optimize my car. Any tuner's have any help or anyone?

With a wideband and small changes could I safely monitor leaning out my car? How will I know when I have reached the limit? lol I don't suppose the wideband will tell me that.

Last edited by White_LightningZ; 02-24-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The whole purpose of oxygen sensors is to allow the pcm to monitor this and keep it at 14.7, I know some tuners were working on a workaround for milage sake but it is pretty deeply engrained in the code. easiest way to do it would be to program out the O2s and then like you said monitor with a wideband but then you are losing the self correcting advantage of injection.

Quick Reply: A/F Ratio