Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header install...help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header install...help please

Ok, so I have been trying to figure out why my car is still running like crap. I have replace the front O2 sensors with the rear ones to see if this was the problem. But that did't help at all. I also found and fixed a couple of leaks. The problem is my car stutters a lot when i try to get on the gas. And it feels like it has less power than before I installed the headers. If I'm under the hood I can smell gas on the passenger side but not the drivers side. The car still backfires if it sits and idles. I know that it is still getting way to much gas but I can't for the life of me figure out why it is running so crappy Do I just need a tune or what? Can someone please give me some suggestions. Should i just get a tune or is the problem deeper than that?
Old 02-25-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

have you checked your spark plugs and wires ?
Old 02-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slow trap
have you checked your spark plugs and wires ?
Yeah, I just fixed another leak, and this was the last one. I still hear it backfire at WOT. Maybe I'll have to recheck the plugs on the passenger side. They are the hardest to check properly.