Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

it was a very sad day...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default it was a very sad day...

went out ot my car this morning to see that my front driver side tire was almost flat, went up to NTB to get it looked at...well turns out that the chrome is flaking off the rim and caused the bead between the tire and rim to come loose and let out air, had to have them sand down the inside of the rim to get the tire to seal good...my cars a 2001, hould the chrome be flaking off? i think its a good time to call gm and see what i can do...anyone else run into this problem? i live in ohio and my car is, sad to say, a daily driver and sees all the salt in the winter, however i do keep my car clean and polish/protect my rims, guess it wasnt enough for the short 2 winters it saw...
Old 02-26-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

I had the same problem with my stockers....unfortunately, nothing you can do about it. Now you have the perfect oppurtunity to get some new wheels!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear it man. On my last ride, with the winter salt, my chrome was gone in 2 seasons as well. On my camaro i have painted wheels now so I don't have to cry over that issue again. lol. Save up for those wheels you always wanted
Old 02-26-2006, 11:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, at least you can get some new wheels
Old 02-27-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

ya i guess ill look at it as something to push me to get some 17'' black rims...now i just gotta find a good deal on rims and tires...anyone know any where decent with good prices to get rims from? i know its not gonna be cheap but i really cant afford spending a couple grand right now...thanks