Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve Covers (pcv hook ups)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Valve Covers (pcv hook ups)

Well I got some center bolt valve covers off of ebay that came off of a 2004 cadillac cts-v.
I was looking at some picture of 99 and up f-body valve covers and noticed that the passenger side valve cover (the one with the oil cap in it)
only has one metal tube coming out of it, where as in other pictures I have seen they have 2 coming out that face opposite directions.
Whats the deal, do I have to change to the ls6 system now or what?

Also, on the inside lip of that valve cover, a 2 inch piece of metal broke off on the inside of the valve cover, and probably an 1/8 inch thick (The entire thickness of the lip). It doesnt look like it will hurt anything but im not sure.
It is a lip the protrudes out from the inside of the valve and runs exactly half the distance around the inside of the cover, it doesnt come in contact with where the gasket goes, just inside of it.

any help?

thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know for sure, but I bet the CTS-V's run a vette style PCV. A ZO6 valley cover might be your only option to make it work with those covers, or just buy a set of f-body ones.

Here's a good site with the conversion:
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=18
Old 03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the help.

I was thinking of just going with a breather as well.
Ill figure out something when I get into the head swap.