Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ordered 1st set of DR's, some questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordered 1st set of DR's, some questions?

I ordered some BFG Dr's and KDW NT's for the fronts. I'm looking for advice on PSI for the street and a good starting point for the strip. Also, I've never mixed tread patterns on the front and rears before, anything to be cautious of while on the street and the occasional spirited driving through the turns? How's the handling on these in corners? I sure would hate to lose the *** end. Anyone had any close calls on the street related to DR's? A buddy of mine said he almost wrecked his car twice after shortly having some Nittor DR's on.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Banned

I thought more people than this would have experience with BFG DR's?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Restricted User

my best advice would be to run them normally on the street at 35-40psi more or less...also if you just have bolt on's you should have no problem whatsoever in a straight line with the BFG's they hook like crazy...but they wear out alil faster then others, oh yea and when u've had them for a while after they start to go bald in the middle, in the rain i suggest that you drive like a bitch (in other words carefulllly) or else u might end up doin a few donuts or havin the rear end come loose on u at random moments .. if you have a wide enough wheel to support the tire, at the track i say drop it to about 15 psi because supposedly when heated thats when the BFG dRAG radial is really at its best. other than that have fun spankin people at red lights... oh and jus to throw it in there i beleive the Bfg's drags have supported 8 second passes in a supra and other cars....so as long as the streets dry, floor it
Old 03-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned

Cool, thanks for the tips! I've seen 4th gens. with minor bolt-ons spin the hell out of them at the track but they always seem to end up getting sub 2.0 second 60's. My fastest 60' is a 2.4 so I'm looking to drop the e.t. alot. Plus I got some more bolt-ons waiting for install. Anyone got any tips for cornering or do they hold well in corners also?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't run them at a high psi on the street because drag radials tend to wear out quicker in the center of the tread than normal radials. On the street, I run my BFG's at ~21 psi, and ~16 psi at the track.