Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSS and TH350...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default VSS and TH350...

This is not the typical "what do I need post".

I hooked up the TH350 last year and just drove it. Didn't need the speedo or care for it. So I didn't hook up the VSS to anything.

Now this is where my question comes into play. I've been told that because I don't have the VSS hooked up to anything, and I don't have that code deleted in the PCM tuning, that it is running in LIMP HOME MODE.

Now is this true or false? I guess because of what's been said, I'd be happy that I know I have something left in the car from last year's runs. But I don't know if I really believe there would be a huge benefit from that. Thanks!

Chris
Old 02-28-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is false! Although if you did not up your Bad VSS RPM Limiter, then you will have a different limiter than your normal one, possibly keeping you from your potential. Other than that, there is nothing that the VSS would affect. Some believe that you need a VSS signal to enable the Primary Spark Table(s), but that is not true. You can specify to disable the Idle/Park Spark Table(s) and enable the Primary Spark Tables by the amount of TPS% used.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Ok, that's what I thought. My car was originally a 6speed so is that still apply to the "idle/park sprak tables"? But since I never disabled that part in tuning(since i didn't have HPTuners at the time) am I leaving anything on the table then? I did the TH350 swap but have not touched ONE piece of tuning in the vehicle in regards to it.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, all of this still applies to a manual car as well. If you left it stock, then it should matter still. The only thing that would cause a "problem" would be the Bad VSS RPM Limiter, once you hook up a signal to your speedo you will not have this issue.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

or just delete that code/sensor in HPTuners? will that work(no need for a speedo in this car)

Thanks a TON!!!