Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel Adaptor Question on stock wheel stud projection from face of hub

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Wheel Adaptor Question on stock wheel stud projection from face of hub

I'm looking at getting wheel stud adaptors so I can put 315's in the rear (I'm currently getting rubbing on both sides with 285's). I'm a little gun shy about banging up my fenders because I'd like this car to be a classic car in 25 years and I don't want to have it too mutilated. I'm trying to determine the minimum thickness of adaptor that I can go with without having to cut the stock studs so that they don't hit the back of the wheel when it's mounted with the spacer. Basically I need to know how much the stock studs project from the face of the hub, bcause I can get either a 1" or 1.25" adaptors. I'd take my wheel off, but my tire iron is buried in the corner of my garage.....somewhere.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 1" adapters on the rear of my Formula and had to grind off around 1/8 to a 1/4 inch from the tip of each stud.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 1" on mine with 17x9.5 zo6's. They had a void between the lug holes and the extra threads just sit in there with no grinding needed. Check it out and see if your wheels are the same.