Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Who else has trouble keeping Corsa tips clean?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who else has trouble keeping Corsa tips clean?

Mine keep turning black on the inner flared part. I polish it out and a week later black again. It starts to tarnish after 15 min trip....what gives?
Old 03-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have much trouble with mine until my car started to run rich.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea mine get that way too...i just hit them with a lil wheel cleaner, works like a charm
Old 03-01-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

They are a little difficult to keep clean. Mine were getting really black as well.....guess what.....I had a bad O2 sensor. (Gotta luv GM for a car I bought brand new that now has 22K miles.....it's been well taken care of and not abused....yet I've had tons of problems with it. Quality control.....or lack of it).

Most likely something like that is wrong w/ your car....so it's running rich. After I fixed it....it's been much easier to keep them clean.

I'm also thinking of trying out ZoopSeal. Let me know if anyone does.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a little trouble keeping mine clean too, I know my car is running rich though after my header install, so that would be my problem. Just hit it with some wheel polish though every week or so and they look great. I would not go any other way with tips on my Camaro though I love the way the Corsa's look.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a wideband she's not running rich(12.7 @ WOT 14.8 @ cruise) But I don't have cats anymore and since the cam, it burns a little oil. I bet those two things have something to do with it. I bought new valve seals, $40 from the dealer. I bet I'll see a difference after I get those on there and do a catch can. What do yall think?

What is Zoop seal? I wanted to see if others are having the same trouble with the same setup as well as a stock setup. Thanks guys! At least I'm not alone.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zoop Seal is a sealer that you apply to polished metal. It seals in the shine for about a year so it's easier to clean the polished metal.

Hell, just get a cutout so the exhaust never goes through your tips....well, not all of it as it does now...that ought to reduce the dirty tip syndrome

Manny

Quick Reply: Who else has trouble keeping Corsa tips clean?