Camaro Mustang Challenge Round #2 this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 04:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro Mustang Challenge Round #2 this weekend!

this comming weekend March 4/5 Motorsports Ranch will be holding round #2 of the Camaro Mustang Challange Race series.
this event is @ a track located 14 miles southwest of Ft. Worth down HWY 377.
Round #1 was @ the newly finished MSR Houston track on Feb 4/5 and had a near record car count. this event should draw a much larger field of cars. come on out and watch your favorite F-body in a classic battle w/ its long time rival - the Mustang. dont let the threat of rain scare you away, we race rain or shine!!! we will run 2 races each day usually between 11am to 3pm.

alot of you guys say you would love to come watch or even do this yourself. take advantage of this event as its 1 of only 2 events we will run this year in the DFW area. if any of you make it out, be sure to come see me up on the skid pad (ask someone where its at). i drive the #70 LG Motorsorts 95 Camaro - Silver and Black. see you @ the track!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

how much is it to go watch?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i've been told $10 covers the weekend, but they also havent been very good @ collecting. tell them you are part of a crew. make up a name, and when they arent on the racer list, they were a late entry.
visit www.NASATX.com for more info.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

so exactly what's goin to go on over there? i've never been to a NASA or SCCA or anythign like that and arnt sure what's going to happen. it'll be my first time going out to see it, hopefully i'll be able to make it out there
Old 03-02-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lots and lots of road racing. all different types of classes. from SPEC Super V (think F1 w/ VW front suspension and motor) all the way up to GPC (vett's vipers, Panoz, BMW, Porsche) there will be American Iron (all US made V8 cars w/ a power to weight ratio of 9.5lbs to each HP) along w/ CMC (230hp class limit). we will do 4 races over 2 days. one race will be a standing start. all cars are parked so as to be very approchable. good time to get a close look and see if you want to get involved. i saw an email today w/ requests for corner workers. pays $150 for the weekend and you get the best seat in the house - on the infield!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

sweet! i hope to make it if i can rescedual somethings i already have goin on. thanks for the heads up!