Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Trim Cell 22 at IDLE ????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel Trim Cell 22 at IDLE ????

Been logging my runs at the track & noticed that occasionally while staging at idle it's in FTC 22! Thought maybe it was a glitch in Atap but when I saw it in ftc 22 I tried shifting from neutral to drive/reverse with my A4,and it pounds into gear which means the pcm thinks it's at full throttle (FTC 22) & giving the tranny full pressure. So I'm pretty sure it is actually in ftc 22 at idle & not a glitch. My question is why?
Old 04-13-2003, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Fuel Trim Cell 22 at IDLE ????

I do not have an answer for you but my 98 does the same thing. I put in gear back to neutral, turn the AC on then off and it stays in FTC 22. I can go drive around and after about 5 minutes it will go to FTC 6 and then be fine.

John
Old 04-13-2003, 03:20 PM
11 Second Club

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JNorris:
<strong> I do not have an answer for you but my 98 does the same thing. I put in gear back to neutral, turn the AC on then off and it stays in FTC 22. I can go drive around and after about 5 minutes it will go to FTC 6 and then be fine.

John </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting! I saw you have Edit. My car never did this until I installed my B1 cam & tuned it with Edit.There isn't anything I changed in Edit that would effect this, but it's interesting we both have Edit & we both have this problem.Did your car do this before Edit?
Old 04-13-2003, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it's because, when you first start your car, the fuel system is running in open loop mode(run diagnostics checks and warm up the O2 sensors). When it finishes checking emmissions and such, it reverts back to closed loop.

I might have the terms reversed.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:58 AM
11 Second Club

You might have a point Mekkadon. It seems to happen later in the night when it's a couple of hours between rounds, so the car is cold.Just never saw it happen before tuning with Edit.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

I noticed the same thing happen on my 98 when it warms up it goes into the proper cells

JR
Old 04-14-2003, 09:36 AM

I am not sure but I don’t think did it before LS1 Edit.

If the PCM is operating in FTC 22 then you are in warm engine (>160 degrees) open loop. The problem is that at part throttle the PCM should not be operating in this FTC.

John