Sponsored by:

WTF just happened

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 05:23 PM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF just happened

Today I go out, get in my car and crank it up and it dies on me after running about 2 seconds. So I crank it back up and it ran for about 10 seconds but it was cleary running bad. Then I hit the key again and it started running fine but get this. Now my SES light is off. I had a rear O2 out on my passanger side (P0161 bank 2 sensor 2) Dose this mean that I lost my tune job? My CAGS is still turned off so I am assumig that my tune job is still there. I would Auto Tap it but my Auto Tap is not due in until Monday. Dose anyone know why my car would have been running bad and why my SES light is off now. One more thing to add. I was out of town this weekend and fuled up at a gas station that I ulually don`t get gas at. I was down to a 1/4 tank yesterday so I stoped right across the street from my girl friends house and got gas. So I fuled up and drove back to her place (about 1/10 of a mile) and parked the car for the night. Now would the reason for my car running bad be that some of the new fule was being fed to my motor and my computer was adjusting for the new gas? Thanks for any help.

<small>[ April 17, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: al ]</small>
Old 04-18-2003, 10:52 PM
al
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: WTF just happened

He can you guys can you help me out? My SES light just came back on today. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Launching!

I am not sure that this would make the car run bad or not, but I had me SES light come on because the gas cap was not on good. I put it on good and the light went off in about 1 mile. Hope this hels some.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

First you can never lose the tune in the PCM unless it is deleted out. After you run the car through so many cyles(turning the key) the light will go off, it could stay off for days,hours,minutes etc. It will always come back on if you have a problem like you do with the o2's. Bad gas can also set a light.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

You are running off the "Low-Octane" tables because of the bad gas....the pcm will reset to the "High-Octane" tables once you put in 5 gal of new gas. Either put some race gas in or put in some of your normal gas + some octane booster to offset the remaining bad gas in your tank. I used NX booster...worked great.