Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Help (Opinions)

Just finished swaping head gaskets, went for a drive after 20 sec. the car just shut off and stalled. When I turned the key the lights came on but I couldn't hear the fuel pump (and other regularsounds) so I assumed no fuel. Tried turning the car over and it turns over fine. Then with my key in the "on" position (I did nothing) the car "reset" I heard the regular noises (including fuel pump). It started up and threw it reverse and drove home (this happened 50m from house). I brought it in the garage and hooked up a charger and it seems to idle fine. (Battery looked low ~9V when off, BUT it has lots of grunt to turn the engine over, when running it shows 14V).

Any Ideas?

Last edited by bigturboz28; 03-05-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone have any ideas (I swapped back the original wires, the only other thing I changed in the process was some MSD wires, which I suspected of a problem before but was not sure)...

Any ideas would be a big help....
Old 03-05-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

95% of most electrical problems is a dirty or loose connetion. You had the heads off, make sure all your grounds are tight and same with your wire connections. Its probably something small and stupid. Its always a pain to find something that broke then fixed itself. Kinda scares ya and wish it just broke for good, that way you at least can find the problem.
good luck.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
95% of most electrical problems is a dirty or loose connetion. You had the heads off, make sure all your grounds are tight and same with your wire connections. Its probably something small and stupid. Its always a pain to find something that broke then fixed itself. Kinda scares ya and wish it just broke for good, that way you at least can find the problem.
good luck.
Yep!! Probably a ground. That'll make it die and do nothing. it would also make it seam like the starter was bad!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys, the wire broke away from the ground eyelet on the back of the head. I am wiring a new one as we speak, thanks again.