PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Hypertech Take care of TC Swap Probs

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech Take care of TC Swap Probs

My car has slightly hit the rev limter on the 2-3 shift since i added my headers, x-pipe, and lid. About 700 miles ago i installed a Vigi 2800, tci shift kit, and tranny cooler. It is now slightly hittin the limiter on the 1-2 and just sittin on the rev limiter untill i let off of it a little bit on the 2-3 shift. It shifts perfect untill its at WOT, then the rev limiter is always hit before it shifts. I have no tuning of any sort done to my car. Money is tight right now so im wondering if i could get by with buying a hypertech off e-bay for 150 or so and fixing it that way. I was thinking i would raise the rev limiter to 6400 and set the shifts around 6000-6200. Will this fix my problem. WHen i installed the TC and Shift kit everything seemed fine inside the tranny. Fluid was still a nice red color and nothing had that awful burnt smell to it.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Default Re: Hypertech Take care of TC Swap Probs

it sounds like you need shift/rpm adjustments.

the hpp3 may fix it, i don't have a lot of exper. with it but i do with ls1edit.

if your trans fluid was red and not dark with silver in it, you're good to go.

btw, i sent you a pm

later,

allen
Old 04-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Hypertech Take care of TC Swap Probs

The HPP3 will solve your rev limit problems for sure....you can raise the rev limit in 100 rpm increments.