Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Somebody help me....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody help me....

I bought my Formula in November and since buying, I havnet been able to keep it on the road for more than about 2 weeks at a time.

Bought it on a Saturday. Monday night, clutch sticks to the floor, lost all tension in it and it wouldnt hold fluid. The dealership says they replaced the slave cylinder. Got it back 2 days later and it ran fine for a week or so then had the problem happen again.

This time, take it back to the dealership and they fix it yet again. When I get it back, the clutch stills feels mushy but I want my car back so I decide to fix it myself.

A week with no problems, car runs great, decide to take it to the track. Slave cylinder blows out again.

I end up putting a Spec stage 3 clutch in, with new pressure plate and another new slave cylinder. Car runs great for about a week, then during normal driving, i lose the clutch again. This time, the hydrolic cable that goes from the master to the slave was sitting against my header and got welded shut, so no fluid was getting through.

After this, I replace the master and the cable. So now, pretty much everything that deals with the clutch is brand new. I drive it for almost a week, breaking the clutch in and whatnot. After my first WOT pass, the clutch is gone again. The resovoir is losing fluid as i pump the clutch but it doesnt drip under the car right away, its not until I've filled the resovoir a couple of times, then its leaking out of the bottom of the bellhousing so Im guessing I blew out the slave again.

What would be causing this? Did I mess up when I put a standard GM slave in with the Spec clutch or is there something else wrong in the tranny? I dont know what it could be and im starting to get seriously frustrated.

Sorry if none of this made sense, I'm still kinda pissed and half *** drunk. But any help is really appreciated.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd start at the rubber gasket (o-ring) between the line and master for the fluid leak. Then I'd check the alignment of the input shaft of the tranny concerning the multiple slaves. When you put in the new clutch, did you replace, or get a good look of the pilot bearing?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I put the SPEC clutch in, I replaced the pressure plate, pilot bearing, throwout bearing and slave.

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking into it this afternoon.