Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mounts causing this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Motor Mounts causing this?

2001 Trans Am, M6, 49500 miles. Yes I read the thread about motor mounts, but didn't want to hijack that thread. I have a very annoying buzzing/vibration in my steering wheel at idle and at all times. My shift moves a lot, more than normal or compared to how it was 20,000 miles ago. I replaced my tranny mount w/another stocker and still got same problem.

My biggest thing is now when I'm driving, cruising, coasting, whatever, I can see my shifter bobbing up and down a lot and it should be pretty settled unless I'm taking off correct? I'm starting to think my motor mounts are giving me all these problems with the vibration at idle and bobbing shifter. My engine shakes quite a bit for stock cam.

I have regular maintenance done, new plugs/wires, lid, catback, ported tb, new o2's, new fuel filter, new tranny mount.

What are some symptoms for shot motor mounts and what could cause my shifter to bob up and down while driving?

Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy prothane engine and trans mounts. Worth the work and the money. If it doesn't fix it then I don't know.