Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good god this rattling is annoying!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default good god this rattling is annoying!

I installed the tsp duals with dynamax bullets last weekend, and the plastic shifter that surrounds the gear selector(A4) rattles to all hell. I was wanting to just put something else like a leather boot or something over it so that it stops rattling. does anyone know where i can buy one? I love the way the exhaust sounds, but the rattling HAS TO GO!! Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Second Club

I'm in the middle of trying to fix the same issue! I'm removing those little plastic slider things and sticking a leather shift boot in there. Haven't found a boot yet, but haven't looked real hard either. I've heard Pep Boys has a cheap one, otherwise maybe check some salvage yards.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

see, the only problem is that i dont have a pep boys here in central illinois.... and im not sure who else might carry them.... i do want to put that boot in there though... so if you can find another place that carries them, please let me know man! thanks!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

no one knows where i can pick up a shift boot to help stop that rattle other than pep boys.... if so, can someone give me that part number so i can order it? i would appreciate it. I got on the website but couldnt find the boot... Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found these, cept I dunno if the one from After Thoughts Auto is for Autos or not...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carbo...spagenameZWDVW

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/shiftboots.html

Hope this helps!