LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

???over The Valve Cover Wires???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ???over The Valve Cover Wires???

Anyone ever installed or had these over the valve cover ignition wires installed? ive got headers on my lt1 and they are burning through wires, i upgraded to 8mm msd wires and they did good until i put new plugs in recently and evidently left a few too close to the pipes . the damn wires are just not quite long enough so i can route them far enough away from the headers. im trying to prevent this from happening again by going a different route with the wires. what do you people think?? heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Old 03-07-2006, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

im gonna buy some in the future and I have heard good things about the thunderracing kit (look it up). so to answer your question yes, they are great and look nice, giving your engine bay something reminiscent of a 60's camaro
Old 03-07-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the Thunderracing kit and its a major PITA to get the boots onto the wires. I ended up drilling them out a bit and still struggled to get them on. The wires you linked to are premade but you still need the holders for them. They work great to keep them away from the headers.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Teching In

i also burned through some wires after i put headers on m car. so i bought the thunderracing kit and it went together fine, the look bad *** and its not that hard to do. they give you silicone grease to make it possible to slide the boot on. i also bought some fire sleeve insulator things to protect the wire when its right by the header.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can also just shoot some WD40 in the boots and let it sit for a sec before you slide the wirte through.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running the thunder racing otvc wires and haven't burnt a wires yet with shorties or long tubes. I went threw 3 sets of stock wires in 1 month before I upgraded.

and getting the boots on was prolly the most pita thing I've ever done on my car.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

I just bought the OVC kit from Thunder Racing and I'm gonna install them this weekend. Everyone that I've talked to that has the kit is very satisfied with it.

Quick Reply: ???over The Valve Cover Wires???