Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what tools?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tools?

dumb question but the guy that helping install my headers tonight wants to know what tools are need to install Long tube headers,tsp ory and bassani cat-back. any speical tools needed? Were doing headers tonight so let us know so we can go to the store and pick teh tool we don't have. But just please provide a list on what we need since My pacesetter instrucions don't say.
thanx guys
Old 03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

a socket wrench and sockets is all I used to bolt the headers up...to get the AIR & EGR block off plates on, i added vice grips to the list
Old 03-10-2006, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get yourself a 10mm gear wrench....your knuckles will thank you while working on the #7 and #8 cylinders. It's a must-have for these cars.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

A sawzall will help get the old out if you dont have it out already. Dont forget the penetrating lube. When you put the headers back on make sure on the passengers side you start the back bolt first. If you dont do this it will possibly want to start but cross thread. Just something to look out for it almost happened to me. And investing in a set of metric gear wrenches is deffinately a great idea.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I second the gear wrench, I wouldn't trade the gear wrenches (mine are blackhawk brand) for anything. I have some craftsman ones that are not as nice as the blackhawk's (the ratchetng mech. is farther apart) but the gear wrench brand seems to be good also. Put on top of your list, just save yourself a ton of trouble and buy the whole metric set of these wrenches.