Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

benifits of a higher stall

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default benifits of a higher stall

does a higher stahl converter benifit the car in acceleration from a stop or will it make the car move faster even when its on a roll?
Old 03-11-2006, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

The converter will wake it up from a stop. An automatic is slow from a roll anyways. After I put my stall in it actually doesn't FEEL as fast from a punch.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1999 SS
does a higher stahl converter benifit the car in acceleration from a stop or will it make the car move faster even when its on a roll?
yes, a converter will greatly help the car accelerate from a stop.

as far as rolling...it really depends on what speed you are rolling. if you are going slower than about 50, yes, the stall will help...but my personal experience shows that the stalling effects diminish around 60 mph.

with a hook from 10 - 100, i can rape cars that trap 5 mph faster than me. but getting a bite on the street for me under 50 mph is few and far between.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999 SS
You can have a convertor that shines more from a stop(higher str)
or go with a vertor that has more of a pull on a roll(lower str)

STR effects things greatly,but it is not the only part .

I had a SS4000(yank) and it hit the tires too hard for me to hook with ,consistently.
The PT4000 (yank)has the same stall rating but is a little softer on the launch and REALLY shines on a roll.
If you want a convertor to help get moving once on a roll ,it usually will be a much higher stall speed rating .

My 4000 stall is great for me,1.61 60ft times with Nitto's and pulls REAL hard from any and every rpm/mph i have raced from.

Hope this helps ya out a little.

Dave
Old 03-12-2006, 03:49 AM
TECH Addict

Any converter should make your car faster from a stop AND a roll...I know it really woke up my car, it really didn't pull at all with the stock setup. With the new one it hauls *** no matter what you're doing.

Quick Reply: benifits of a higher stall