LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

quick exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quick exhaust question

ok, I have a 94 TA m6. Right now I am still on the stock catback with a flowmaster muffler welded in. My other mods are 3.73 gears, gutted cat, K&N CAI. I have a run a best of 13.57 at 100mph with a 2.2 60' hitting the speed limiter before the 1/4 mile. My next change is going to be getting it tuned to correct the speedo and delete the top speed limiter, so that will help out the times a little bit, but my question is, how much is the stock catback/flowmaster muffler hurting my times? Would I benefit much from installing a catback like a magnaflow or something else, or should I just leave it and buy longtubes or mac mids with a cutout maybe? Also how much do you a think a tune will help? I'm hoping with a better 60' and headers I can hit 12's before the end of the summer.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

You'd benefit alot more from buying Longtubes than you would changing your catback. And you suggested what I was going to suggest - get a cutout. Flowmasters are the worst flowing aftermarket brand anyway.

With some headers, a tune and some tires 12's should be quite easy.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
You'd benefit alot more from buying Longtubes than you would changing your catback. And you suggested what I was going to suggest - get a cutout. Flowmasters are the worst flowing aftermarket brand anyway.

With some headers, a tune and some tires 12's should be quite easy.
He's dead-on right dude, LTs & a good catback will get you in the 12s easy with a good dyno-tune or just a decent PCM tune.

Quick Reply: quick exhaust question