LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 C4 power!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 C4 power!

hi guys,
i have a 93 C4 and thinking of putting some mods on it now, i just want your opinions on how to reach 450rwhp with the most cost effective way, its bone stock right now and have 110k on the engine.

thank you.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you want to do it all engine or is nitrous an option?
Is your C4 an auto or manual?
If you have an auto your D36 is going to be a limitation.
If your going all engine a good stroker short block and a head cam package from someone like Lloyd, AI, TEA etc may get you in the ball park. Don't forget the supporting mods, LT headers, stall converter if you have an auto, etc. (The supporting mods add $$$$$ up quickly.

I am helping a friend with his 93 C4 now and it was supposed to be just an AI H/C package. However, when we removed the cam the bearings were scored so we pulled the engine and the main/rod bearing were scored too so it's at the machinist's; this engine was running great and had great oil pressure, so make sure you have enough money set aside for the OH BUY the ways that will/may pop up.

You should contact some of the porters and tell them your goals and see what they suggest, and then, contact a couple of tuners and see what they suggest. Finally make a budget that is 1.5 to 2 times the estimate for the OH BUY the ways.

Good luck, that extra 50rwhp past 400rwhp seems to cost some serious money, 370-385RWHP will be a lot more economical.
Mike

Mike

Last edited by aboatguy; 03-19-2006 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mammad78, there is a 396 Block ready to be sold for some what a fair price.
If your interested contact me or meet me in the garage tomorrow.

add heads and cam to that and you will be runing some a%# whooping power.

Quick Reply: 93 C4 power!