Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Prepping My Car for the hotter days

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prepping My Car for the hotter days

Here is a list of everything I need to do to get my car ready for summer and due to hectic college and work schedule I haven't gotten around to it and have finally had enough of my car looking and sputtering like ****, so if anyone knows where I can find products, recommend, suggest shops in the Greater S.A. Tx area or have any ideas for my 96 Hunter Green Z28, lemme know.

Here goes:

-New fog lights
-Clearcoat peeling on left rear quarterpanel and keeps getting larger (any suggestions on alt. to painting the whole thing?)
-Flush fuel injectors (reputable shops?)
-Dome light out (Don't suggest the fuses, that was the first thing i checked)
-40th anniversary C5 magnesium wheels (i think theyd look badass next to the green and NOONE that i've seen has them)

If I think of anymore I'll edit my post

Thanks in advance guys. Crank_It

PS - if i'm in the wrong forum go ahead and move it but its mostly cosmetic work to be done so i think its ok.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crank_It

-New fog lights the cyberwhite from walmart should work fine, as long as your fogs are at least 4" dia
-Clearcoat peeling on left rear quarterpanel and keeps getting larger (any suggestions on alt. to painting the whole thing?)about the only way to fix it is a reclear
-Flush fuel injectors (reputable shops?)since it's an LT1, you might want to check the opti as well
-Dome light out (Don't suggest the fuses, that was the first thing i checked)bulb?, or the switches that control the on off in the door jambs
-40th anniversary C5 magnesium wheels (i think theyd look badass next to the green and NOONE that i've seen has them)sound cool to me
Can't help with specific shops, but maybe the folks in the texas section can help
Old 03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Teching In

thanks for the advice, i thought about the bulb thing after i posted but was too lazy to change it. As far as my opti its already been switched with a brand spankin new one as well as oil pan when the plug broke off into it. Walmart sounds like a good idea for the fog lights since wally world is cheap. Im gonna go check the bulb for the dome light and try and locate the switches in the door jams to see if thats the problem. Oh yeah, do you know how much a clear coat job will cost?

Thanks again, Crank_It.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paint can range from $299 Maaco special to well over $10k for a full custom paint job, I've seen stock paint jobs (stock color, no color change) go for $1500-$3500 depending upon the amount of prep work required/color of the car, best thing is to take it around and get some estimates(they usually will give free estimates) and references from the painters you're thinking of using
Old 03-22-2006, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

and those wheels are pricey
Old 03-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Yeah, the wheels are expensive but worth it, the only thing is i kinda want wider tires in the back like 18x11" meats, but oh well. I checked the bulb and it looks fine, the signal from the door jams isnt gettin to the lights for some reason, you can push em in and out and nothing. The reading lights stopped working simultaneously as well.

by the way, nice icon 4u2nv, thats my fraternity's mascot.

Paint is gonna be a bitch i know already, im thinking about adding two stripes on the left front fender (like DGEN411's) that are the same color as the magnesium wheels, should i get it painted since im already paying for it for just get vinyls so i can takem off if need be? im thinkin vinyls.

Last edited by Crank_It; 03-23-2006 at 03:26 PM.