Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How do you change the color of the light in the factory fog light switch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How do you change the color of the light in the factory fog light switch?

As the title says, I put a line lock in my car and used a factory fog light switch for it. Everything is hooked up in the switch(lights, etc.) but I want to change the color of the light when the line lock is on. How do I do this?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have to get the switch apart somehow and i think its as easy as just soldering a new one in there, someone on here did it and he had different colors for every switch. someone knows who im talking about.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Just take the switch out of the radio bezel, then pry the switch itself apart by the 4 tabs on the back (its a pain in the ***). Then take out the orange light bulb and replace it with a LED the color you want. Make sure you have the right polarity, LEDs only work in one direction. Make sure you use a resitor to accomodate the voltage. I put my resistor inside the switch but its a tight fit.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
Just take the switch out of the radio bezel, then pry the switch itself apart by the 4 tabs on the back (its a pain in the ***). Then take out the orange light bulb and replace it with a LED the color you want. Make sure you have the right polarity, LEDs only work in one direction. Make sure you use a resitor to accomodate the voltage. I put my resistor inside the switch but its a tight fit.

That looks badass what kind of gauges are those?
EDIT: Not the pod but the speedometer and rpm etc//

Last edited by CashMoney; 03-24-2006 at 07:24 PM.