General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clutch and Rear end problems.. PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch and Rear end problems.. PLEASE HELP!!!

I have had my 02 ws6 in the shop now for almost a month and finally got it back today. I had the slave cylinder and clutch disc, pressure plate, and flywheel replaced. First thing I notice is that the clutch pedal is extremely soft and doesn't engage until it almost hits the floor. Used to be nice and stiff and you barely had to tap it to get it to engage. Is this something that just needs adjustment? I want my nice stiff pedal back! Also, I had my ring and pinion gears and pinion seal replaced as well as my bearings. There was a whining noise on decelleration when I took the car in and now it is louder than ever with new gears! The dealership said that they used aftermarket gears and of course he said that they were just as good as the stockers (probably b.s.) He said that the noise should disappear within 400 miles and that it just needs to go through the "break-in" period. Do you guys think this is the case and that it will get better on its own? Or do they need to readjust the gears or possibly even replace them with GM OEM gears altogether? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!!!