Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will not go into gear after Shift Kit and Converter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will not go into gear after Shift Kit and Converter?

I have a '98 Sierra 4WD 1500 and I just finished swapping in a 2005 LS2 and 4L65E and new transfer case along with a 4.2L Trailblazer Torque Converter.

Before I installed the trans (trans had 7 miles on it when I installed it), I installed a Zippy Performance shift kit along with 2nd and 4th gear billet servos.

Everything seemed fine during the install of the shift kit except for the servos. According to the instructions, there should be no spring between 2 and 4th gear pistons if using both billet servos. With no spring, the pistons are free to slide on the pin quite a bit, didnt seem quite right, but thats what the instructions showed.

Today, we finished up the swap, and went to drive the truck, and it will not go into gear. I can pull it into R, D, 1, 2, 3 etc but nothing happens. I have no idea where to even begin looking. Nothing happens at all moving the shift lever between gears.

I have HPTuners, and the TCC slip RPM matches the engine RPM, so I assume the converter is getting fluid pumped through it. The trans temp had also reached about 90* after several minutes of playing around with it.

Is there anything I should check in the trans that I could of missed during the install of the shift kit? I would imagine even if we screwed something up, it would still at least go into first gear or something and move.

Any ideas on where to look or things to try would be greatly appreciated.