Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hurst Billet Plus shifter question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hurst Billet Plus shifter question...

I am about to install a Hurst Billet Plus shifter on my car and was wondering how those of you with the same shifter installed the boots. There is a boot that protects the shifter mechanism that seems too large to fit under the #6 boot. The only way I can see the boots both fitting together is to have them seal at the shifter stick and not below, like stock, on the shifter mechanism shaft. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boot that came with the Hurst is now in the parts bin in the garage. It got lodged in between the stick and the stops, and it was very hard to engage 2nd and 4th. When I took it all apart to look it was chewed up so I took it off, and left it off.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply SSCamaro99_3.

I think I might just toss the hurst boot and modify the number 6 boot so that it looks like this (attached pics). This looks to solve the problem of having the boots be all scrunched together, obstructing movement, while also keeping dirt out of the shifter. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Hurst Billet Plus shifter question...-mvc-006f.jpg   Hurst Billet Plus shifter question...-mvc-007f.jpg   Hurst Billet Plus shifter question...-mvc-008f.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hurst Billet Plus shifter question...