Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More wiring help (switched +12v source)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More wiring help (switched +12v source)

alright, I dont know if its wise to tap-a-fuse when Im trying to power the main 12v line (to the fuse block seen above) that will distribute power to a purge solenoid (15 amp fuse loaded for this), an activation switch for the nitrous and fuel solenoids (5 amp fuse loaded for this combo), an activation switch for the bottle heater (25 amp fuse loaded for this) AND the FJO mini-controller. I have a 12 guage wire currently feeding all this.

I just dont understand why I should use a switched source to power this "control box" instead of running directly off the battery. In the event that the ignition is killed (for whatever reason) and the solenoids still spray I dont see any damage coming from it besides some nitrous and fuel just being wasted.

Any help is appreciated.

-Dan
Old 03-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by cleveland
alright, I dont know if its wise to tap-a-fuse when Im trying to power the main 12v line (to the fuse block seen above) that will distribute power to a purge solenoid (15 amp fuse loaded for this), an activation switch for the nitrous and fuel solenoids (5 amp fuse loaded for this combo), an activation switch for the bottle heater (25 amp fuse loaded for this) AND the FJO mini-controller. I have a 12 guage wire currently feeding all this.

I just dont understand why I should use a switched source to power this "control box" instead of running directly off the battery. In the event that the ignition is killed (for whatever reason) and the solenoids still spray I dont see any damage coming from it besides some nitrous and fuel just being wasted.

Any help is appreciated.

-Dan
do you have drawing I can look at. That would help answer your question.
Ricky
Old 03-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think its an issue of spraying with the ignition off its an issue of killing your battery-
Most allready have switches to guard against spraying with the car off, window switch, WOT, FPSS...
If you leave you system armed all the time by having direct battery connection, then it will drain your battery, mine did over night when i hooked mine direct while testing and didnt think to unhook-
Old 03-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Teching In

thanks fstphx, that was the answer I was looking for. I either have my switches off or the main power plug pulled out, either way Im not draining my battery.

-Dan
Old 03-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No Problem-
I Forget to turn my switches off so i gotta tap the fuse block eventually-