General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ASR turned off

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ASR turned off

I was driving home last night and out of nowhere my asr turned off. I couldn't get it to turn back on. Also my ses light came on as a result of this. When I got home my car was idling at about 1300-1400 rpms.

Today, the ses light wasn't on and everything seems to be back to normal. What may have caused this? My clutch going bad? Rear end problems? Anybody feel free to chime in. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Have you checked your battery cables in a while? I just know that something similar happened to me several times. My positive cable was corroded as hell. I cleaned it up real nice and now i have yet to see it happen again.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Default AHA, another person with the same problem as ME!

I have had this problem intermittenly for years on my 01 SS. I never understood why this would happen, but it seemed to happen usually when it was very hot outside.

Recently, my battery went dead, and I put in a new one. After I put the new battery in, I had trouble starting the car, then it ran rough, then it idled high and switched off the ASR all by itself, and it's done this ever since, very frequently.

I plan to install new battery cables and I'll let you know if this fixes the prob.