General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Noise when car is in motion

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise when car is in motion

When I start the car in the morning, and go to pull into traffic from my street, I get this weird ticking noise that sounds like an exhaust leak. I had the whole exhaust system re-worked which cost me a crap load of money, and it did not fix the problem. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Staging Lane

Currently I have a Cat Borla exhuast on and the pipe connecting to the Y-pipe has a small leak but very annoying. We tried to tighten the clamp but it didn't do a thing so when I have the headers and new Y pipe put on I might have a small weld put around it.
But your right it is an odd annoying noise, if u determine that it is an exhuast problem weld the ****. Good Luck
Old 04-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Lost My License
Currently I have a Cat Borla exhuast on and the pipe connecting to the Y-pipe has a small leak but very annoying. We tried to tighten the clamp but it didn't do a thing so when I have the headers and new Y pipe put on I might have a small weld put around it.
But your right it is an odd annoying noise, if u determine that it is an exhuast problem weld the ****. Good Luck
I could have bought 2 more cat backs for the price that I paid to have the existing one fixed. I am not sure that it is an exhaust problem.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

It happens right after you leave a stop..it could be your engine knocking. It would sound like someone knocking really fast and short. Most likely your car is not fully warmed up yet.